[AMRadio] ARRL Bandwidth Regulation -- I'm Worried!

peter markavage manualman at juno.com
Tue May 10 20:26:24 EDT 2005

Your "section leader: should visit the ARRL site to get the correct info.

To start, QUOTE for ARRL site:  The EC made no change to its earlier
recommendation that the rules continue to permit double-sideband,
full-carrier AM and independent sideband (ISB) as specific exceptions to
the 3 kHz bandwidth limit--with restrictions of 9 kHz and 6 kHz
respectively--on all bands now allowing 'phone transmissions. (In ISB, or
independent sideband, each sideband of a double-sideband signal carries
information or data independent of the other.)

Your quote: "I like my hobby."
Remember, it's the Amateur Radio Service

Go here to review the text Bandwidth Proposal:
http://www.remote.arrl.org/news/stories/2005/04/13/1/?nc=1
or if the link is truncated, go here:
http://tinyurl.com/7ugg3

Go here for the PDF Chart:
http://www.remote.arrl.org/news/stories/2005/04/13/1/long-chart-b-lrg.gif
or if the link is truncated, go here:
http://tinyurl.com/aefmb

This has been discussed to the point of nausea all over the World Wide
Web for almost a year.

Pete,  wa2cwa

---------