[AMRadio] How can we rid the HF bands of AM ?

John Lawson jpl15 at panix.com
Tue May 17 23:58:48 EDT 2005

On Tue, 17 May 2005, Mark Bell wrote:

> I was reading though the recent freebie copy of World Radio News today, and
> someone had written in asking how "we could rid the HF bands of AM" !!!
> They didn't publish the call of who asked the question.   The issue is at my
> office now, so I can't provide the page number, but it's in one of the "ask
> your question" sections.

    This issue was raised previously - my question then was: is it not
possible that the individual in question was referring to the intrusive
foreign AM SW Broadcasters that use the lower portions of 40M, etc...   I
do hope this is the case, and not some lid who truly wishes to see A3E
expunged from the amateur spectrum. What would I do with my Valiant in
that case??? ;}

   And of course the FCC has no jurisdiction over these interfering
broadcasters.

  Cheers

John KB6SCO