[AMRadio] Globar brand thermistors

Bob Bruhns bbruhns at erols.com
Thu May 26 17:48:10 EDT 2005

One thing about those "Globar" units - the type you want for the filament
string is not the same as the type you want for the degausser.  You want an
NTC (negative temperature coefficient) type for filament string inrush
current control, and you want a PTC (Positive Temperature Coefficient) type
for the degausser.

Digi-Key ( www.digikey.com ) has these units under "NTC Thermistors" and
"PTC Thermistors."  I don't know if Globar is still around, but a lot of
companies make them.

  Bacon, WA3WDR