[AMRadio] Globar brand thermistors

John Coleman wa5bxo2005 at pctechref.com
Thu May 26 18:34:34 EDT 2005

As I recall the hot one was in series with the supply to the TV circuitry
and the other was in series with the degaussing coil, the degaussing coil
and its series cold resistor device was placed in shunt with the hot
resistor.  In this way the voltage drop across the hot resistor went very
low and the cold resistor (as it was called) would not conduct unless the
voltage was above a certain value.  Therefore in a few seconds the current
through the degaussing coil would drop to nothing.

John, WA5BXO