[AMRadio] Globar Brand Thermistors

Bob WB5YYX wb5yyx at uphi.net
Fri May 27 07:15:26 EDT 2005

George KE4HJ and Others-

I worked for Electronic Parts Company in Albuquerque, New Mexico from 1977 through 1993. We stocked the full line of Workman Electronic Products of Glowbar brand thermistors. The values 85 to 100 ohms seems to be correct. As you and others indicated they were used to minimize voltage surge when an electronic product was initially turned on. A good idea for any electronic product that uses tubes, especially rectifiers and regulators as they are in the front end of the circuit. And yes the ones for the AC line were Negative Temperature Coeffiecient, while the degaussing circuit on a color TV was Positive Temperature Coefficient.

Bob WB5YYX
Life Member New Mexico Radio Collectors Club
Antique Wireless Association Member