[AMRadio] Price 20V

Bob Maser bmaser at tampabay.rr.com
Sat May 28 19:55:12 EDT 2005

I'm still looking for a dummy load.  I found a 2500W load in Dayton and the
price was right but it was really beat up so I passed on it.  I got all of
the heavy iron painted and looking good.  Gary, you should see the inductors
I found at Dayton.  7" diameter coil with 1/4" spacing, edge wound silver
plated.  One is 32 uH and the other one is 64 uH.  They came out of a hi
power Gates broadcast transmitter.  Truly humungo.  The pair for $30 plus
$38 to ship it back via UPS.  I think I am going to use the 32 coil in my
3CX3000 amp and add 160M.  I am absolutely sure that there will be no arcs
or other noises (maybe from the neighbors though).  The 64 coil I plan to
use on my HiTower look-a-like to get it on 160 in a L configuration.  The
coils are so nice I won't have to clean them up.

Bob