[AMRadio] Globar brand thermistors

gwt gwt at mpinet.com
Mon May 30 11:48:05 EDT 2005

Now that you mention it Don, I remember those Globar resistors your
talking about.
The card that the thermistor I used in the 117Z6 circuit listed it as a
resistor.
It was made by Workman Electronics and clearly stated that it was a
Globar Resistor.
I had it left over from my TV days.
I installed it and tested it. It was about 150 ohms cold. And dropped to
around 6 ohms after a
very short warm up. So it most certainly is better described as a
thermistor. I have no clue as to
why Workman would package it saying "Golbar Resistor", but that's what
they did.
George KE4HJ