[AMRadio] Need list of good AM radios to start looking for . . .

John (W5HG) razorback_fan1999 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 13 08:58:05 EST 2005

I have been bitten by the AM bug and would like to know what to look for at some of these Hamfest. I know their will be all kind of opinions but that is what I need. The first rig I bought a few years ago with this mind was a Yaesu ft100D....big mistake.  My other rig I use in the house is a Yaesu FT1000MP Mark V.  I have been searching for settings to get it to sound good but not being too successful. I have the MD200 mike with it.  Any help here would be appreciated too until I can find the best sounding AM rig I can find. Please steer me in the right direction of which radios from the modern rigs to the older models that are great AM radios or ones that can be made to be good AM radios. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.