[AMRadio] Dumb Rock X2

Barrie Smith barrie at centric.net
Sun Nov 13 19:16:10 EST 2005

Well, I wish to thank all for the advice regarding mounting and wiring the small relays to perfboard.

I just finished mounting one relay completely.  According to my DVM, it's working just right.  I have three more (minimum) to mount.  Relative to the amount of time it took me to do one (granted, poor eyesight), I'm not sure these small components are worth the trouble, at least for me.

I'm quite sure that had I been using larger relays that could be bolted down, and that had larger and more easily solderable connections, I'd have all four relays finished in the time it took just one of the PC relays.

So, where room isn't an issue, what's the logic of using such small components (other than availability)?

73, Barrie, W7ALW