[AMRadio] Dumber than a rock question . .

Jim Candela jcandela at prodigy.net
Sun Nov 13 19:34:57 EST 2005

Barrie,

    If I understand your post correctly, the relays
you intend to use are part of an antenna tuner.
Asumming the relays are rated for your need, think
about the maximum voltage, and current that the
interconnects must withstand. If the current is over
an amp or two, or if the voltage is over 500 volts,
I'd consider that into your design. I might be tempted
to "dead bug it" where I mount the PC mount relays on
their backs with glue, and point to point wire with
the voltage, current, and frequency in mind. I like
using buss wire, and Teflon sleeve tubing for proto
typing circuits such as this.

Good luck,
Jim
WD5JKO