[AMRadio] Re: Need list of good AM radios to start looking for . . .

Patrick Jankowiak recycler at swbell.net
Mon Nov 14 22:33:19 EST 2005

I'm a bit biased, as a tube audio guy, but I would go for a transmitter
that has a push-pull plate modulator for the final.

For the receiver, find one that is double conversion or better and has
selectable bandwidth via LC filters and a crystal filter. tuned circuits
are not so sharp, but sound real good when wide open on a strong signal!

The Hallicrafters SX-28, to me, is one of the best sounding AM receivers
but they drift a bit and are not that sensitive. Can be pricey too.