[AMRadio] Re: Need list of good AM radios to start lookingfor.

John E. Coleman (ARS WA5BXO) wa5bxo2005 at pctechref.com
Wed Nov 16 16:22:26 EST 2005

If the supply voltage is 600 V and you normally run 120 ma at about 72 watts
input a 2500 OHM 50 watt resistor with a 20 uf bypass capacitor across it
should reduce the voltage to 300 V and current to 60 Ma input power to about
18 watts.  Output should be about 10 watts.  The bypass capacitor will
conserve your modulation power will allowing the modulator to look into the
same load as it did before.

John,
WA5BXO