[AMRadio] Re: Need list of good AM radios to start lookingfor.

peter markavage manualman at juno.com
Wed Nov 16 17:30:29 EST 2005

Although I haven't followed all the threads on this topic, if you want to
reduce the power output of the Ranger, why don't you just reduce the
screen voltage of the final. A simple circuit, using a few components,
with a small pot mounted directly behind the crystal opening and
accessible from the front, appeared in a past issue of ER. Allows
variable output control over a wide range. Why screw with dropping HV,
large resistors, jumpers, plugs, etc.
If this is not dropping the power" of the Ranger issue, just ignore it,
and I'll go back to sleep.

Pete, wa2cwa