[AMRadio] Re: Need list of good AM radios to start lookingfor.

ne1s ne1s at neandertech.com
Wed Nov 16 17:12:20 EST 2005

On the Ranger accessory plug are available LV B+ (~300V), HV B+, and each
secondary lead from the mod tranny. You can simply rewire a new plug to hook
the "bottom" of the mod xfmr secondary to LV B+, or, you can do as I did:
mount the plug in an aluminum minibox along with a SPDT switch rated for the
voltages involved to switch the bottom of the mod xfmr secondary between
LVB+ and HV B+. The entire minibox assembly splugs into the acessory plug on
the back of the Ranger. Make sure you ground the minibox to the ground pin
on the accessory plug, for safety's sake.

Works FB, got the idea of using the LV B+ from Timtron.

Ranger puts out ~12-15W of carrier when running the PA on LV B+, perfect for
driving an amp, and no power wasted in a big honking resistor.

73,
 -Larry/NE1S