[AMRadio] Tansmitter power reduction (Ranger)

Mike Dorworth, K4XM k4xm at arczip.com
Thu Nov 17 14:15:33 EST 2005

The way the secondary is wound all the final and lv passes through the
winding so you would have TWICE as much  current if you use just the low
voltage taps. BTW the Ranger modulation transformer is (by my measurement)
7083.8 ohms plate to plate primary, 3568 ohms centertaped (892 ohms each
side) secondary.   or 1.9837 z stepdown, 1.4085 step down turns ratio.
Nominal 7000 to 3500 ohms. About 15 watts Audio level, used at 32.5 watts
ICAS voice.  Hope this is helpfull. 73, Mike