[AMRadio] The price of tube type mobile linears in China!

Patrick Jankowiak recycler at swbell.net
Mon Nov 21 22:09:52 EST 2005

I've been collecting tube mobile linear amps for a while.. Just the old
tube type ones, most of which were sold as 10 meter or 10/6 meter amps, or
just outright as "CB leen-yars".. but now for whatever reason, the things
seem to be getting more costly, despite the high price of sweep tubes
(which are usually always bad in them)..

I used to pay $10-20 for the old things, even $50 or a bit more for a nice
one, and now some people are wanting $50 for a chopped-up old 100W PEP
beater "as-is" with holes all over it and fans hanging off it everywhere!

I don't mind paying a fair price for something, but wow! Oh well. I did
turn down a nice HA-250 recently for $50, but only because the guy would
neither guarantee it nor let me hook it to 12V before buying, and I thought
that was suspicious.

Anyone got any lying around, small or large, homemade or factory, all
frequency bands acceptable, they would let go reasonable?

PJ