[AMRadio] Want Ranger pwr xfmr

John Lawson jpl15 at panix.com
Fri Nov 25 14:40:50 EST 2005

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005, Mike Dorworth, K4XM wrote:

> Hello John. The filament windings should be on the outside and should be
> fairly easy to remove and or replace. I have done it many times. You have
> nothing to lose. Drive out a coupla laminations and pull the e and i out.
> Then  peel it like a onion and fix it.Use Scotch plastic tape and put er
> together again. It will work as new. 73 Mike k4XM

    Thanks Mike - that's also a Plan I'd considered - I rewind small motors
for the vintage and show car trade, so I've got all the Stuff here to do
that easily...  also Gary Brown gave me a nice quote on a refurb for it,
so there's that.

  Right now my Lofty Goal is to get on 80M AM fone ASAP - so I've got the
Valiant on the bench trying to find why it's so unstable - I replaced a
lot of the RF power section caps and I s'pec one of 'ems gone AWOL  - I'll
know more in a couple of hours...

   Thanks also to all who have written so far - it'd be much more difficult
without the Help!

   Cheers

John  KB6SCO