[AMRadio] Parts needed

John Lawson jpl15 at panix.com
Tue Nov 29 13:07:27 EST 2005

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, Mason Sarles wrote:

> Hello to the list.  I am in need of a  200 pf High voltage fixed mica cap. Like a broadcasting  trans cap

  Greetings Mason - welcome.

   One source might be Surplus Sales of Nebraska:


(CFC) HT580200-75  200 pF  7.5 kv  6.9 amps  $21.00


(CFC) HT570200-15  200 pF  15 kv  15 amps    $42.00

depends on just how QRO you'll be.

  Note that these are 'doorknobs' - if your currents/peak voltages are 
less, then there are cheaper mica caps that might serve.

> Also need a high Quality 5 micro henry rollor inductor, like an E F johnson.


"(IRV) 229-203
Good ol' Johnson roller inductor.
Ceramic. Silver. The real McCoy. Only a few available."  $175 (OUCH!!!)

"(IRV) 2434
Nice ceramic core roller inductor. Shaft end has slot to mate with nylon 
quick coupling (shown below) which fits 1/2" shaft. Stand alone frame was 
removed from IRV-503178 tuners. Little or no previous use." $99  (oww...)


John  KB6SCO

More information about the AMRadio mailing list

This page last updated 25 Feb 2018.