[AMRadio] GG 813 Linear in GE Ham News -12AT7 12AX7

Mike Dorworth,K4XM k4xm at arczip.com
Sat Oct 1 17:59:27 EDT 2005

well. there are several dozen examples of this in the mobile handbooksCQ
magazine and QST,both of the CQ books and all five of the ARRL's. It was
done to get lots of audio, very low resting current, ditto 1635, a special
6N7 with zero resting current gives 14 watts sine wave RMS, can be made to
modulate 50 watts with reasonable tube life. Remember, speech is 20-25
percent of peak when viewed as average. That is why 3 kw Alphas only have
1kw CCS supplies!.On the 12AX7, my mobile used this for years and no tube
ever failed. Lotsa good audio!.. Mike