[AMRadio] W5BM - Lou

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Sun Oct 2 11:02:06 EDT 2005

Brian Sherrod wrote:

>Does anyone on the list know any info on Lou/W5BM, an old-timer and AM'er from
>Abbeville, LA?
>
>I know Rita virtually wiped out Abbeville and remembered Lou lived there in the same
>house he was born (1917) in.  I'm hoping some of the TX, LA, OK, AR members might
>know of his welfare.
>
>Tnx,
>
>Brian / w5ami

After some searching, I discovered that at least at one time, a site
existed that was w5bm.com.  I tried typing in different variations into
my browser (w5bm.com,  www.w5bm.com, http://w5bm.com) but no server
could be found on anything.

I don't know if they just don't have power down there, yet, or... if
they don't have internet access back yet... if he was paying for a
co-location site or was hosting his own domain... and I certainly havn't
heard him on the air, in a number of years (unfortunatly - Lou is a
great and interesting guy to talk with).

I know of some hams down there in that area (Crowley, Abbeville, Kaplan,
Jennings) some are back on the air - some are trying to rebuild
antennas.  I hope to count Lou among the survivors.

Please, Brian, let us know what you find.

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR