[AMRadio] GG 813 Linear in GE Ham News

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Sun Oct 2 11:08:04 EDT 2005

John E. Coleman (ARS WA5BXO) wrote:

>I have an SB200 linear and on AM it is equivalent to a DX100.
>I increased the bias on it so to the point just beyond cutoff for AM so that
>it requires a little more to drive and it reaches negative 100% modulation
>slightly before the driver does.  But this seemed to help the modulation
>linearity and efficiency just a little.  I really use this position mostly
>for CW drive to the push pull 250th rig. But I have occasionally put it on
>the air and switched the driver to AM.
>
>John,
>WA5BXO

I've never heard your rig in that configuration, but I -have- heard it
on the air, recently.  Twice in as many days, actually!

Can't say that I've heard a rig sound better than the 'peanut whistle'
from Willis, TX   ;-)

Looking forward to climing the 100' tower with Larry/WD5CFJ this week, John.

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR