[AMRadio] a most unfortunate sound - pan fried CVM-4

Mark Foltarz Foltarz at rocketmail.com
Sun Oct 2 22:23:06 EDT 2005

I have been working with this TBW transmitter for a little while now.

Thinking it would be 'fun' to add a modulator to it.

I have a chassis with a CVM-4 on it in addition to the necessary driving
components and a pair of 811a's.

After a bunch of fiddling with impedance taps a and everything else, When I
apply power I can distinctly hear in the monitor receiver a sort of pan frying,
crackle, crackle sound.

I traced it down to the mod transformer getting ready to let loose.

Thinking I might just mount it upside down on some lexan hoping to keep the
case from ground.

Bummer

not 73

de KA4JVY