[AMRadio] Yaesu FT-102 on AM

Skip Frolik frolik at gulftel.com
Mon Oct 3 12:26:32 EDT 2005

Hello Paul,
You've peaked my curiosity about the Yaesu FT-102.
Several years ago a close friend of mine gave me an
FT-102 station. Wally was going into an assisted
home and no room for radios. I don't believe he
ever used it on AM but it does have the AM/FM module
installed. I personally have never used it. Just put
it on the shelf as a memory from him. (He's now SK)
Hmmmmm .... maybe I should get it down and find the
mods that relate to AM. I took a quick look at your
web site thinking you might have some reference to
that but didn't see anything. Also did the usual
web search using different search engines. That was
sort of interesting .... Hi. Got over a thousand
references to FT-102 including several *Zoom* sites.
Hmmmmm .... FT-102 was used in *Zoom* movies ????
Hehehe .... ya gotta love the garbage on the Internet.
Anyway if you have any personal info on AM mods for
the FT-102 I'd appreciate it. If nothing else I'll
archive it and put it with the radio for a possible
later project. AM is all I'm really interested
in these days and most of the time I don't consider
the ham solid state/hybrid gear that interesting
but maybe I need to readjust my attitude .... Hi.
*By the way I had to resend this message with the
word Zoom cause using (starts with a p ends with an
n second letter is an o and third is an r .... Hi)
caused the filters to take this as spam*.
Hehehe .... interesting filtering.
Thanks
Skip
WB4GMQ