[AMRadio] In Search Of

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Mon Oct 3 23:58:38 EDT 2005

Hey, y'all..

I'm hunting a 160m HDVL plug-in coil.

For the longest time, I didn't even think that any existed... until this
weekend.  I happened to find both, the BVL and HDVL version of the 160m
plug-in coils at a local hamfest.  Neither coil are in what anyone could
mistake as 'decent' shape, although the BVL version is, for the most
part, intact.  The HDVL coil however, more resembles a plate of
spaghetti, or a loosely formed slinky.

I bought it anyway, because I thought could probably rebuild the HDVL
coil by taking apart a 360uuF air-variable and using the rotor plate as
the spacing, while I applied some liquid glass something or another to
hold it in place, again.  I would like to find a good coil, though.  Are
there any available, out there?

Knowing my luck, finding one will probably be like mining for unobtainium.

Thanks for your time.

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR