[AMRadio] AM sensibility "value"

bcarling at cfl.rr.com bcarling at cfl.rr.com
Wed Oct 5 09:37:55 EDT 2005

Sigh - here we go again... (grin)

They can't have been THAT bad. You never heard guys
complaining much, and they sold many of them.

But hey maybe you are right - the one review at eHam is not very
favorable:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/739

They must have improved things greatly with the FTDX560 -
everyone seems to LOVE that one:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/724

Also a 570 owner likes his a lot:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/775

I think you are an aficianado for the really OLDER rigs with a
proper chassis Don, and would guess you would dislike
the Heath HW and SB series rigs for the same reason you dislike
the Yaesus. PCB instead of a chassis and a lot of potential for
problems as a result...

I just like the notion of a ricebox rig that can run some decent
power and has a built-in AC supply.
I have never owned the 400 or 500 series rigs, but I had an
FT101E which was a phenomenally good piece of radio gear!