[AMRadio] AM sensibility "value"

Brian Sherrod arksky at alltel.net
Wed Oct 5 13:49:44 EDT 2005

I had a FTDX-400 years ago.  Bought it for a song and dance mainly because I thought
it "looked pretty" <g>.  All that chrome and brushed aluminum...

When it worked, it did good on SSB, but never got a good report on AM with it.  I had
all sorts of little problems with the PCB, and finally just parted it out if I
remember correctly.  I figure they were good rigs when new, however I think the heat
from the tubes is just too much over time for those PCB's.

Brian
w5ami