[AMRadio] need help

Edward B Richards zuu6k at juno.com
Tue Oct 18 23:26:42 EDT 2005

Hi, you guys who are better educated than I. I want to drive a linear
amplifier with a rice box that requires a 50 ohm load. The linear amp
uses an input to a 170 ohm, 80 watt swamping resistor to ground, then
through a .001 mfd capacitor, then through a VHF parasitic suppressor
consisting of  4 turns of wire around a 47 ohm resistor, to the grids of
a pair of parallel connected 4-400A tubes.

What I need to know is the impedance of the input. Is it close to 50 ohms
or do I need to use a matching network between the rice box and the
linear amplifier. Thank you.

Ed K6UUZ