[AMRadio] Re: need help

bcarling at cfl.rr.com bcarling at cfl.rr.com
Sat Oct 22 16:26:24 EDT 2005

It seems like my homebrew 4-400A pair used a 35 Volt zener in the
cathode return to bias off the resting current during key up or
silence between words on SSB.

I can see why a 130 volt diode would need to dissipate
considerably more power as heat.

Of course you could use a bipolar transistor with it's base held
at the appropriate voltage of  130V DC if it had a good
heatsink and could handle the 104 watts.