[AMRadio] DX60B

Bob Scupp wb5yyx at uphi.net
Wed Oct 26 06:01:00 EDT 2005

David-

Back in the Fall of 1967, I was first licensed as a Novice as WN2CXS in my
hometown of Passaic, New Jersey. My first transmitter was a Heathkit
DX-60B. My father and I constructed it from kit form in his basement tool
shed. I believe we purchased it at the Heathkit store in NYC. I used
crystals and never purchased the HG-10 VFO. It worked quite faithfully
until I got my General in 1968 (WA2CXS), sold it (drat!!!) and put an E.F.
Johnson Viking II transmitter with matching external VFO and a National
NC-300 receiver on the air. Fond memories. I never thought to save my
original Novice station.

Good Luck on it's restoration.

Best 73's,
Bob K5SEP