[AMRadio] 300-G RF exiter

Mike Sawyer w3slk at uplink.net
Wed Oct 26 16:33:42 EDT 2005

Eric, WB4VVI(SK), told me that the 6000 tube was essentially a 6L6 with the
pins moved around and filament voltage raised. I guess you can use a 25AV5
as a drop in replacement for it with a little less drive. I have an exciter
deck and got the more common 6AV5. The reason is that the tube's wires for
the filament are on a separate line. Therefore, you could hook-up whatever
flavor filament transformer that will meet your needs.
Mike(y)
W3SLK