[AMRadio] BC-610 down=up and burnt't finals

John E. Coleman (ARS WA5BXO) wa5bxo2005 at pctechref.com
Wed Oct 26 18:56:04 EDT 2005

That would be class AB1 6146s in the speech amplifier.

	Yep I guess I do know it pretty well.  The final was built in a push
pull configuration complete except for the extra tube and the extra
neutralizing capacitor.  Otis said, "I never put the other tube in because,
I didn't want to be accused of running illegal power".

	I operated that station more than any other visitor to Otis's place
and many times when he was away on trips to San Antonio and other places
with his mobile rig in the old black Cadillac.

	The rig ran 3000 volts on the plates of final and modulators and the
final current was about 300 ma.

	The antenna was about 70 ft. high and pretty near flat top.  The RF
current meter that was in the RG8 coax line read 4 amps, until he went to
the folded dipole with 300 OHM feed line.

	So for anybody that thinks Otis was ever illegal (OVER 1KW DC input)
HE WAS NOT

John, WA5BXO