[AMRadio] BC-610 down=up

Barrie Smith barrie at centric.net
Wed Oct 26 21:50:28 EDT 2005

The BC-610, and the HT4-B both have the same final configuration, according
to schematics I have for both.

A link-coupled output, at least in this instance, can feed either a balanced
or an unbalanced line.

With both ends of the output link above ground, and attached to a balanced
feeder, or load, the link can be adjusted to match the output to that load
(unless that load is very much out of range out of range).

With one end of the link to ground (often through a variable capacitor), and
the other end above ground, and conected to an unbalanced load, the link can
match an unbalanced load, such as a 50 coax.

This scenario is entirely independent of whether the final is push-pull or
single-ended.  It comes under the broad defination of "transformation".

73, Barrie, W7ALW