[AMRadio] BC-610 down=up

W7QHO at aol.com W7QHO at aol.com
Wed Oct 26 23:38:19 EDT 2005

In a message dated 10/26/05 1:59:40 PM, rbethman at comcast.net writes:

> As to folks ideas as to what constitutes a "long" wire, THE manual AND the
> tuning cards for the BC-610 are VERY specific about the 44 ft for 80, 40, &
> 20 mtr bands, AND is very specific about the 77ft for 160 mtrs
>
> The BC-939 is used EITHER for a 25ft  vertical whip, or the above mentioned
> wire lengths.  When using the wire lengths as stated in the manual and tuning
> cards, you MUST place the switch on the fron to the "Long Wire" position.

The Army can call a 44 or 77 ft end fed wire antenna anything they want.
The point, though, which I trust by now has been more than adequately made, it
not to expect a stock BC-939 to work with the "long" wires most commonly used
by hams and described in ham literature.   As I said before, I agree that the
939 works fine with the antennas for which it was designed.

In the past I owned the gray painted version of the device which came with my
T368s.   Full of nice components and very well made but wouldn't match any of
the antennas I had in use at the time.

Dennis D. W7QHO
Glendale, CA