[AMRadio] 300-G RF exiter

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 27 22:26:43 EDT 2005

, 26 Oct 2005 16:33:42 -0400

>Eric, WB4VVI(SK), told me that the 6000 tube was essentially a 6L6 with the
>pins moved around and filament voltage raised. I guess you can use a 25AV5
>as a drop in replacement for it with a little less drive. I have an exciter
>deck and got the more common 6AV5. The reason is that the tube's wires for
>the filament are on a separate line. Therefore, you could hook-up whatever
>flavor filament transformer that will meet your needs.

In mine I replaced the 6000 tube with a 6AG7.  This required rewiring the
socket because the pin configuration is different.  The internal capacitance
of the tube is similar.  The 6AG7 is rated for much lower power than the
6000, but I use mine for a VFO and only need a fraction of a watt output.
It measures between 200 and 250 milliwatts with about 200 volts on the plate
of the 6AG7.

Don K4KYV