[AMRadio] BC-610 terminating impedance

Barrie Smith barrie at centric.net
Sun Oct 30 12:46:09 EST 2005

With all this interesting discussion about the BC-610 I'm reminded of a
question I asked a while ago regarding the padder-cap for 160 operation.

I do not have a BC-610, nor, other than photos, have I ever seen one.  I do
have the Hallicrafters HT4-B, which was made in 1938, and was the basis for
the BC-610.

In the HT4-B, there is a platform in the rear left corner of the RF
compartment with four banana jacks.  These jacks are hard-wired in such a
fashion that if a capacitor were plugged into two of the jacks it would be
in parallel with the variable tune cap.

I was told, years ago on the air, that this assembly was to be used for a
plugin fixed air capacitor for low frequency operation.

I use a 50pf vacuum cap for 160 operation, but I'd certainly like to know
more about the plugin air cap.  And, if any still exist, because I'd
certainly be in the market for one.

Also, I'm still looking for the HT5 speech amp.

TNX,

Barrie, W7ALW

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude EVA]