[AMRadio] BC-610 terminating impedance

Barrie Smith barrie at centric.net
Sun Oct 30 18:08:58 EST 2005

> Barrie,
>
> There ARE different tube line-ups between the HT-5 and the BC-614.

I did not know that!  Will have to do some research.

> From your description of the mounting for the shelf and socket for the
> padder cap, there are obviously differences inside the BC-610 vs. the
> HT-4.

I went to the previously suggested website.  There was a photo of the RF
compartment of a BC-610 with no capacitor shelf in sight.

> I'm curious as to what differences in meters there is.  I have one for
> filament voltage, one for tweaking the oscillator - it is multi-functional
> with a function switch, and then there is the plate current meter.  The
> BC-614 has of course its own meter for modulation current.  The BC-939 has
> an RF Ammeter.

The HT4-B has five meters.  From left to right they are:

Plate
Grid Current
Excitation Plate
Fil Voltage
Modulation Plate
 (I believe that this meter performs the same function as the modulation
meter in the BC-614.  At least they dance about in the same fashion when I
babble into the microphone)

What other differences there may be, I do not know.  It would be of interest
(to me, at least) to find out.

BTW, there is a fairly decent photo of my HT4-B on the November, 1992 (I
think) cover of Electric Radio magazine.  My call sign, at that time was
KF7VA.  Thanks to the vanity program, I'm back to my original call from the
early 1950s.

73, Barrie, W7ALW