[AMRadio] Re: GB> RE: Charcoal Briquettes and High Voltage Power

bcarling at cfl.rr.com bcarling at cfl.rr.com
Sun Oct 30 19:46:40 EST 2005

Then we would be in good shape using a 470K, 2 Watt resistor with
1000 Jolts applied to it in a series feed circuit...
Most of the time there would be less than the full 1 KV anyway.

470,000 X 2 = 840,000

Square root of 840,000 is about 916 volts, so I guess it OCULD
break the rule,
but only if the circuit shorted out.

Hardly overstressing, and WELL more than a "few" hundred volts.

The trouble with making a general statement is that there is
almost always some exception to the rule.