[AMRadio] 2 or 3 watt resistors

Jim Candela jcandela at prodigy.net
Mon Oct 31 08:08:57 EST 2005

Barrie,

   I find myself requiring good lighting, and
convenient magnification. I have dual 40 watt
florescants over my bench, and a adjustable work light
with round lamp surrounding a magnifier. I also have a
flashlight ( 5 D cells ) handy to handle the
occasional shadow. Combine that with bifocals, and a
headband "opti-visor", and I'm set. Ten years ago I
could thread a needle in a dark closet, and not need
glasses. Sigh.

As for resistors, try www.mouser.com, then go to
catalog pages 450-470. They have lots of options, and
good pricing too. Mouser has low fees, and fast
shipping. I once ordered from them late one evening,
and when I came home from work the next evening, there
was a box at my doorstep.

PS Some of the resistors specify a voltage rating.

Jim