[AMRadio] 2 or 3 watt resistors

Brett gazdzinski Brett.gazdzinski at mci.com
Mon Oct 31 08:44:29 EST 2005

Best to look at ham fests, you can still sometimes find
boxes of old resistors for cheap.

Look for the guy with the large collection of really old junk,
mostly stuff YOU would throw out, and sometimes you can get a
large box of resistors for cheap.
A few such boxes and you are set.

I always go at least one size up, and usually 2 or more.
I don't like resistors getting anything but slightly warm at the max.

I often series or parallel resistors to get the value I need,
with increased wattage ratings.

Brett
N2DTS