[AMRadio] Re: High Voltage Power Supplies

ne1s ne1s at neandertech.com
Mon Oct 31 13:00:11 EST 2005

This part sounds like an inrush limiter, not a transient suppressor. They
are useful to prevent inrush current stress of tube filaments, and may also
be a good idea for HV supplies, especially capacitor input.

Digikey carries them - the Digikey part number for the CL-30 is KL003 -
something.

The CL-80 is useful to prevent the power microswitch from welding closed on
your R-390/R390A (Jan Skirrow whote this up - it's somewhere on the web).

73,
 -Larry/NE1S