[AMRadio] what is this old power supply?

Patrick Jankowiak recycler at swbell.net
Fri Sep 16 20:47:00 EDT 2005

Too bad the rest of it is not around.. I may try to probe it out, are we
reasonably sure this is 50/60 Hz and not 400HZ? One website said the unit
ran off 12/24VDC but there must be a missing link there.

Looking at resistances of windings, I suppose the 'zero ohm' ones would be
heaters, and the 5-10 ohm or so would be 220V, then the 100-300 would be
B+. I would really like to see if I can trace it all out, and maybe put it
to work somehow.

The big transformer seems to have two HV windings and one LV, and then
there is another smaller transformer with an awful lot of terminals. lets see:

1. 5V 4A CT for the two VT-145 on the top B+
2. 5V 2A for negative side VT145 #1
3. 5V 2A for negative side VT145 #2
4. 220V AC in
5. maybe 6.3V at ?A for something else.

I am baffled at why the chassis has 20 terminals if it only has B+ hi/lo,
etc.. Anyway, the only thing to do is get out the variac and go a-probing..

PJ