[AMRadio] Drying out HV transformers / Chokes

doxemf at aol.com doxemf at aol.com
Sun Sep 18 13:00:11 EDT 2005

Hello Larry and All,
I have several 2.5v and 10v rusty,dirty, and rattling UTC small can S series filament transformers that I want rebuild and would like to know a source for transformer varnish and potting material, wax,tar, or whatever.
On pulling the cover off the most rattling around one I found only sections of corrugated cardboard to be the "packing/potting"  material !!. I would like to use something better and improve the heat transfer as these seem to be really small construction for the rated current. I intend to use the 10v units for 813/814/805 family.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Bill KB3DKS/1