[AMRadio] Drying out HV transformers / Chokes

Jim Isbell, W5JAI jim.isbell at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 19:04:20 EDT 2005

> the drivers seat. A BC-610 transformer flying through the air is not
> easily
> stopped!

It is equally difficult to start.  I purchased one at a flea market
and it took three people to get it into my motor home.  When I got
home I had to do it alone and it is still sitting just inside...about
2" to spare...the garage door.

I have designed a carrier for it that I am making out of a file
cabinet set of casters.  BUT  the shack is up stairs.  So I am
thinking it will be easier to move the shack down to the garage and
build the linear around the transformer than to try to get it
upstairs!!

Jim Isbell
you are just taking up too much space."