[AMRadio] Drying out HV transformers / Chokes

Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Sun Sep 18 23:07:13 EDT 2005

>I'm sure may be too simplistic to work but.....
>why not put the xformer in the trunk of a
>car and leave it there, outside in the sun, for
>a week or month.   Here in KY that works for
>most everything.  I've dried apples this way ;-)
>
>Joe  N4NAS
>

>Mike Dorworth,K4XM wrote:

Hey Joe, that's 140 degrees F without the thermostat being necessary!. Great
Idea!

Jim candela wrote:

>Hmmm, been most interesting. If I tried this with my 1999 Dodge Stratus, and
>my open frame BC-610 transformer, two things would occur:
>
>1.) rust since my trunk seal leaks
>2.) my gas mileage will suffer noticeably as well as car handling
>
>and maybe,
>
>3.) If I get into an accident, the dang thing might smash me where I sit in
>the drivers seat. A BC-610 transformer flying through the air is not easily
>stopped!

Jim, pay attention to the geography..

He said 'in Kentucky'.   That's where your home has more wheels than
your car, but your TRUCK runs just -fine!-

(grinz)

Just kidding, folks...
Ya can't blame a guy for trying to get a smile around here.. besides,
those lines have worked well for Jeff Foxworthy for YEARS!  :-)

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR