[AMRadio] Re: Wd5EHS

Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Tue Sep 20 17:30:03 EDT 2005

Brian Sherrod wrote:

>Geoff,
>
>I think something is wrong with John being an SK since the early 90's.  I talked with
>him shortly before I moved in the late 90's along with Kent, KA5MIR.
>
>See: http://www.qrz.com/detail/WD5EHS
>
>It is not a vanity call is was renewed in '98.  Any ideas?????
>
>Last I heard, his father (who lived with him) did pass away sometime in the 90's, but
>not John.
>
>We might need to make a correction on the list about him being SK.
>
>Brian

We might, but I -swear- Bill Ross (K5LLK) who was close friends with
John told me, -long- before he died (and I was -at- that funeral) that
Sulphur John was a silent key.  John's Father was still hanging around,
after he passed away.

I knew it was true.  I can't get wrapped around my head that this is
already 2005   :-(

John A. Shelton - 2/11/2001
SULPHUR - Memorial services for John A. Shelton, 58, will be at 4 p.m. Saturday,
Feb. 12, in Maplewood Methodist Church.
The Rev. Karen Davis will officiate. The body will be cremated.
Mr. Shelton died at 3:15 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 10, 2000, in his residence.
He was a native of Ponca City, Okla., and had lived in Sulphur since 1955. He
was a graduate of Sulphur High School and attended McNeese State University. He
was an Air Force veteran and a retired Conoco operator. He was a troop leader
and a counselor with the Boy Scouts. He was a ham radio operator; his call
letters were WD5EHS-73. He was a member of Maplewood Methodist Church.
Survivors include his wife, Dianne R. Shelton of Sulphur; one son, Michael A.
Shelton of Sulphur; one daughter, Elizabeth A. Shelton of Denver; one brother,
Roy Scott Shelton of Sulphur; one sister, Marilyn Jean Richmond of Beaumont,
Texas; his parents, Leonard and Jean Shelton of Sulphur; and three
grandchildren.