[AMRadio] Drying out HV transformers / Chokes

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 20 21:18:35 EDT 2005

>I just took the back off of my HT-4B, which is similar to the BC-610, to
>take a look at the modulation transformer.
>
>It looks like a "pick up with one hand" object to me.

The open frame ones with cast iron end-bells are heavier, but I still think
it could be carried by one person using one arm.  The BC 610E used those.
The more modern hermetically sealed ones are "pick u with one hand" objects.
  Hopefully, they made them smaller and lighter by using more modern
materials.

Don K4KYV