[AMRadio] Double Bazooka Antennas

Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Wed Sep 21 05:18:48 EDT 2005

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 00:40:35 EDT Rivpapa1 at aol.com writes:

>>Anybody have experience with Double Bazooka antennas?..Sound like a
>>pretty good antenna to me,I am considering trying one on 75mtrs..All
>>comments appreciated.

The biggest difference in antennas I've ever been first-hand witness to
(as far as simple wire antennas) was making the change in feed line from
coax to 450 ohm ladder line.

After that, it was when I closed in the bottom of the 75m inverted vee,
and made a Delta-wave loop out of it.  Already at 120' long, adding
another 120' meant a 240' loop of wire, fed wtih 60' of 450 ohm ladder
line, and using a Heathkit 2060 impedance matching device.  I don't
think I'll ever go back to a 'regular' dipole, again.

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR