[AMRadio] Double Bazooka Antennas

Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Wed Sep 21 06:11:04 EDT 2005

bcarling at cfl.rr.com wrote:

>On 21 Sep 2005 at 4:18, Geoff wrote:
>

>>Already at 120' long, adding
>>another 120' meant a 240' loop of wire, fed wtih 60' of 450 ohm ladder
>>line, and using a Heathkit 2060 impedance matching device.  I don't
>>think I'll ever go back to a 'regular' dipole, again.
>>

>So basically it sounds like you had one element of a cubical quad...
>No wonder it did well!!

DOES well ;-)  (I should be on the air, right now in fact.  And will be,
when I get through with this message)

As it's been explained to me, a 'loop' is basically a folded-dipole
that's been pulled apart.

Quad elements, Bry, by virtue of their name, have -4- side (Quad = 4)
Detla is more of a Triangle shaped creature (Tri = 3).

So, this three sided antenna is apexed at around 60', and the feed line
is along a sloping element.  Works wonderfully well.

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR