[AMRadio] Drying iron

Rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Wed Sep 21 09:28:36 EDT 2005

Method used to dry out SUPER heavy iron:  (It was a 1500KW generator
left out uncovered at Hickam AFB, HI for over 30 days, in a wood
shipping crate with NO cover.

    We set up about 6 or 7 flood lamps for about 4 or 5 days in a
weatherproof facility (the housing meant for the installed generator. -
NOT available for use OR shipment - the 50 ton engine was included!)

    After the time passed, we used a megger followed by a Hi-Pot.

    Item recovered successfully!  Dried in 1975, STILL putting out full
power!

Bob - N0DGN

--
Bob - NØDGN

|          \\"""//                                \\"""//          |
|           (@ @)       Bob Bethman - NØDGN        (@ @)           |
+-------oOOo-(_)-oOOo--------------------------oOOo-(_)-oOOo-------+
| NØDGN AMRadio Manassas, VA    |    REAL Tube Radio and AM        |
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------+
|       Manassas Radio - Home of Homemade Kielbasa & Pirogi        |
+-------------------------------+----------------------------------+
| rbethman(at)comcast.net   \\ ~ ~ //      signal does *NOT* mean  |
|                           (/ @ @ /)      that everything is OK " |
+-------------------------oOOo-(_)-oOOo----------------------------+
|               <http://home.comcast.net/~rbethman>                |
| 1 BC-61ØI w/BC-614I,1 T-213/GRC-26 w/BC614I,1 '51 Collins R-390A |
|  SP-600/NR Type 159, Heath DX-60, Apache, Mohawk, SX-101, HT-32A |
+-------.oooO---Oooo.---------------------------.oooO---Oooo.------+
|       (    ) (    )                           (    ) (    )      |
|        \  (   )  /                             \  (   )  /       |
|         \ _) ( _/                               \ _) ( _/        |
|           Amateur Astronomer - Celestron Nexstar 8               |
|             12" f5 Dob coming soon!  Being built                 |
|                          Meade ETX-6Ø                            |
|           38 Deg 46'48.62"' N - 77 Deg 28'26.89" W               |
|   Opinions expressed are that of my own and do not necessarily   |
|         coincide with or represent those of ANYONE else          |
|ALL E-mail received and sent scanned by AVG & Norton System Works |