[AMRadio] Collins filter

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 22 16:27:25 EDT 2005

>I am looking for the 6.0khz  filter..Pt #  F-455-J60.. for the Collins 75A4
>Reciever...Tnx Ron W6MAU

Lots of luck.  The trophy collectors have driven the price beyond what one
used to pay for an entire 75A4.  You can buy a reproduction filter, built
around a modern Rockwell mechanical filter, with identical or better
characteristics than the original one, for about $200.  See the ad in
Electric Radio.  I bought one of those, and have an original 75A4 AM filter
in my other receiver.  To test them out I put both filters in the same
receiver, and couldn't tell any difference whatever when I switched between
them.

Don k4kyv